Monday, March 3, 2014

A Kidnapping Conspiracy

"Olorin sent a message this morning to say that he cannot persuade Gontorion to come to Moria. Gontorion mistrusts the Orcs." Ruby breathlessly exclaimed. 

"It was as we should of expected," I sighed,  "Elves can be stubborn creatures when they believe they are right. Besides the wisest Elves have passed into the West, there are none now that posses the wisdom of old." 

"What should we do?" Ruby asked, "It's not like we can just take a Muted and travel to Rivendell in hopes that upon seeing it they will decide to follow Olorin." 


"Well why couldn't we?" I cried, "I don't believe the youngest Muted would make a lot of fuss. Merenwen would never let us take it so we would have to do it secretly. It is worth a try at the least, there isn't another path to tread that my eyes can see." 

"You know better then I do, but the risk we would be taking is extremely high. They would have no reason to believe that we weren't traitors were we to be caught before Rivendell." Ruby remarked doubtfully. 

"Of course there would be a great risk but as I have already said there is nothing else we can do within reason to aide Olorin." I replied. 

"Even if there was no risk of being caught I see no way in which we could take the youngest Muted without causing temporal or permanent damage to those which guard it. If we are aggressive towards the Muted then they shall respond in kind no doubt. This could be fatal as you well know Isilindil." Ruby stood unconvinced with her arms firmly placed on her hips. 

"Stubborn Hobbit," I cried, "Do you have a better plan then that which I have thought of? We cannot merely abandon Olorin, Brundt and Ranewan to deal with these Elves. I doubt they will be swayed till they see for themselves what they are being asked to fight for." 

"Very well," Ruby scowled, "But if we end up limbless, headless or dead it is entirely your fault." 

I laughed, "Very good. But don't worry, I don't think we shall end this limbless or headless. Dead now, that is another matter." 


~
Isilindil Telperien

1 comment: