Thursday, February 6, 2014

Isilindil departs and Ruby is befriended

The horses soon disappeared over the horizon, carrying their riders with the effortless riders of elves - which they were carrying. the elves journey on towards the smoking ruins of Rivendell, alit with the blazes of campfires dotted around the ruins, where the elves were staying while it was being rebuilt.

The only way, thought Isilindil, that Ruby could've wandered off by herself is if she was tricked - or lost control of her mind by an evil sorcerer. That, or she was kidnapped by some foul beast! This would never of happened if we hadn't embarked on this stupid adventure to Rivendell! Oh, everything seems so stupid now that I look back upon its happenings - I could've prevented it all from happening! Whatever has harmed Ruby, I vow to rescue her and to have vengeance upon those who have kidnapped her!

With this in mind, Isilindil began gathering her supplies together to prepare for the long journey alone back to Mirkwood - although she was still enrolled in helping Rivendell to be rebuilt. It was the only other task that occupied her mind, along with rescuing Ruby, and it was the only thing that turned her grim look happy once in a while - although it was a guilty happiness all the same.

Gontorion had forbidden all the elves under his control to leave Rivendell for fear of the threat that still held sway over the lands - but in a weeks course, Isilindil had mounted her horse and was a couple of miles away from Rivendell already.

Which was when her horse stopped stock still and nickered frightfully.

"Who's there?" Isilindil asked, her voice not betraying a flicker of emotion.

"It is I" And out from the shadows by the path, stepped Ranewan, a strange expression upon his unreadable face.
-

Meanwhile, deep in the leafy expanses of Mirkwood, I lay upon the ground, dazed, but retaining control of my senses slowly.
A figure strode up to me. He was obviously male, and quite well built, proof of a life of hard work and little respite. He wore dark green breeches and a long grey tunic, and his face was shadowed under a brown hood. His stance spoke of assurance and confidence, and his movements showed grace and determination.

"Here" He helped me to sit up, and gave me a log to lean on.
"Eat this. It will help with the headache." He handed me a piece of bread, which was strangely pungent and had a faint greenish tinge on it, as if it were slightly moldy.
As soon as I had taken a bite, I realised my situation. I jumped up and was about to ran off, when he grabbed my shoulders and held me there, his hands digging in to the sides of my neck. Unfortunately for him, he didn't think that I would continue struggling, so I turned my head and bit his hand, and when he yelped I ran off into the underbrush, shouting for Isilindil.

Until I bumped into a tall man in robes of an indefinite colour.
"Well, well, well. Our little guest has woken at last." He harrumphed gently, peering down at me from under his enormous eyebrows.
"Wh-who are you?" I was surprised, and frightened to tell the truth. I thought the worst had happened.
"Now there's a question! Who am I? Well, to you I'm one who would help. Quite simply, a friend to those in need, along with my companion here." he gestured to the man in the clearing "But you may know me as Olórin." He smiled, and I knew that I could trust him, even though I still had no idea who he was. And yet his eye's had a friendly sheen to them which I felt I knew and loved. 


~
Ruby Burrows 

No comments:

Post a Comment