Sunday, February 16, 2014

Orc Allies

Darkness fondly embraced us with uncanny  effortlessness.  Ruby and I made our way as carefully as we could, clasping at the rock walls.

"I wonder why Olorin sent us here." Ruby remarked.

"I do not know but he must have had some purpose. For some reason my heart finds no cause to doubt him." I replied although I felt little in the mood to talk.

"An odd fellow he is. Something about his eyes sort of captures you doesn't it?" Ruby said.

"Yes, a gleam of light seems to always peer out under his eyebrows. Ah careful, here there is a chasm before us." I cried.

Stepping over it Ruby and I continued on in blind darkness, having no idea where we were headed.

"Stop! Who goes there?" a gravely voice rasped and spiked hands griped at my throat.

"Elf Isilindil Telperien and hobbit companion Ruby Burrows, we were sent by Olorin." I gasped.

A light shone forth as a creature unveiled a lantern which was rudely shoved in our faces. Ruby cried out for the creature was an Orc. Yet his face seemed softer, if softer it can be said of one so rough.

"We are glad to see you two, we have waited long for your arrival." The Orc remarked. "Follow me, this way."

The spiked hands released their grasp and we began following the Orc cautiously, seeing there was no other choice. Reflected eyes flashed a few feet away as we were lead through a wide passage, of what sort I know not for the light of the lantern was but little.

Eventually we entered a short, wide room, apparently a room which was once used for counsels. Standing at one end was a large Orc dressed in a leopard skin. Beside the Orc stood a tall woman who glided towards us.

"My name is Merenwen, I am from Gondor. Like you I was sent to Moria by Olorin, although that was many weeks ago." she smiled, "Do not be afraid of these Orcs for they will not hurt you. Indeed we are one in our cause. You should consider them your closest Allies as of now."


~Isilindil Telperien 

No comments:

Post a Comment