Monday, January 20, 2014

As The Sun Sets Part 2

A small troop of elf's stood, their weapons in hand. Ranewan was among them, a dark scowl upon his fair face.

"When will you ever learn Isilindil?" He asked angrily stepping towards me, though I know his anger was not directed at me. "You could have been killed with just one swipe of their fists."

"I was not afraid and besides was I to let her die?" pointing towards the hobbit girl who stood somewhat surprised but with evident joy on her face. "I did not know Galadriel and Celeborn had sent out a troll hunting party today and if I did I would have waited for you."

"Very well" Ranewan relinquished "We must continue hunting out the remainder of evil that still lurks this land as you have scared away our first enemies. Farewell Isilindil!"

The elf company melts into the trees and I bide Ranewan goodbye, and perhaps a little good riddance. Turning to the girl my voice was not cordial. "Who are you and what is your name?"

The girl looked at me and instead of cowing as one would expect, she stood her ground and looking me in the eye haughtily replied "My name is Ruby Burrows and I am a respectable hobbit. I wanted to go on an adventure so I set out a week or so ago and found myself here, alas the trolls caught me in the act of taking some gold." she grimaced. "But that is no reason why you should treat me as if I was an inferior. I'm quite capable, you know"

I paused, what a fool I was. I was treating her just like I hate Ranewan treating me, like a child. She must been a very brave hobbit to travel alone and I liked her spark.

 "Forgive me for being short Ruby, my name is Isilindil Telperien, I am a wood elf and enjoy traveling myself. Hence the fact that you find me here, far away from my homeland. I am very pleased to meet such a brave and adventuresome hobbit."

The hard look faded away from Ruby's countenance and she smiled the sincerest smile and held out her hand. I clasped it and looking into her eye's knew that we were destined to enjoy many more such adventures together.

No comments:

Post a Comment